Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rolling Barcelona

Hi everyone!
The post I am doing today is going to be a little bit different from what I usually do. I am not going to talk about fashion or DIYs. I just wanted to share a few thoughts with you guys. After all, I started this blog to share a part of who I am and the things I believe in, not just to talk about shoes or bags.

1. One of the most important ideas I try to pass on since my first post is that doing what you love is never a waste of time. These weeks, despite being so busy, I found a little bit of time to go roller-skating. Sometimes we all waste our time in the sofa being coach potatoes and forget about doing what really makes us smile. A few months ago I decided to stop procrastinating with those little things (such as meeting an old friend, painting, writing, learning new things...) and this blog is a great part of that purpose.
2. Once I read that "whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about puppies".  I agree with this quote, but whoever wrote it forgot about abandoned animals and dog pounds. Let me introduce you to Sharky, the most friendly and lovely dog I've ever seen. We adopted him three years ago, he was in very bad conditions. Playing with his wrinkles, going roller-skating with him or just the way he stares at me can totally make my day. I will never understand how people can abandon their pets. 
Do you remember my necklace? DIY

3. Lastly, as I said yesterday in Twitter (only in Spanish, sorry about that) I've had a little skating accident. It could have been much worse... Fortunately, in ten days I'll be totally recovered and rolling again.

Of course, If I had stayed at home nothing would have happened, but our life passes by and we don't even notice. All this reminds me the fears some of you guys have to DIY. I should say I always get angry or sad when things don't come out well at first (and learning to roller-skate was kind of dramatic for me). But it's really worth it trying again. We all fail (or don't get perfect results) the first time we try. I can't wait for the doctor to remove all my bandages and go roller-skating again. But next time I'll wear wristbands! 

Have fun!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...